Monday, October 10, 2005

The Loom


Stuck shaft.
Treadle tie-up.
I've been having problems with the sixth shaft sticking in the up position. I think it has to do with the tie-up job I've done with rope that is just a tad too thick.
Actually, I had wound a warp and started to beam it, but had happened to notice that the rear four shafts had no heddles. Since I wanted to sample with eight shafts, I had to stop, take it apart, and redistribute some heddles, but found that one of the shafts is missing a heddle bar (which made me realise I had to do a seven shaft pattern instead of eight), and only then continue with the beaming--not a pretty picture. It doesn't have enough tie-ups for the treadles, either.
I just noticed i was treadling wrong!!! HAH! maybe that's why I can't see the pattern! I'll get back to it momentarily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home