Sunday, October 09, 2005




Recently (like two days ago!), I've was in the kitchen doing dishes and passing the time by thinking about getting a loom. I had to sell my last one to buy a new car, after the Lincoln broke down. Yesterday, Marty said she had thought it over, and since her loom wasn't getting any use, she'd 'store' it down at my place. It's a Schacht, and is much better than the old Model T. This one has eight shafts, instead of four, so more complicated weave structures await my exploration!
Well, it's just a loom, but recieving it may have implications. On one hand, I'm ready to just chuck everything and panhandle on Mexican beaches. On the other, I have these built in survivalist/simple-living urges. When I was "putting it out there," I was actually thinking about how weaving isn't a portable hobby...maybe I (we) should just stay put, weave, tend my fruit trees, make compost--rather than pursue becoming a freelance esl teacher. Then, all of a sudden, the loom falls into my lap. Hmm. It's almost as if God has answered my question--or gave me a nudge in one direction, anyway!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home