Saturday, August 06, 2005

Eat Violets for Health and Vitality!













We met Julia on the buss between Chetumal and Palenque. We spent time in Palenque together, as well as San Cristobal de las Casas, Juchitan, and Peurto Angel. Our connection was so strong, that we invited her to come visit us in the states--she was coming here anyway, to visit family. A bus, plane, and train brought Julia from Cincinatti to Arkansas.
After Alan and I came back from Mexico we were broke. We hadn't really got back to work yet. There wasn't much food in the house...Julia had special dietary needs...what would we feed here?
I had been in these shoes before...
I was going to the Anishinabee council fire, and had nothing to contribute to the potluck. I remembered reading that violets were not only edible, but delicious. I made a violet salad that everyone enjoyed.
Thank God the violets were blooming when Julia arrived!!! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home